Salesforce UnicodeDecodeError

@i-zaykov and @wisse can you test latest version of Salesforce 1.0.7? This should be fixed: Encoding is ISO-8859-1 by girarda · Pull Request #12552 · airbytehq/airbyte · GitHub

1 Like

1.0.7 works for my salesforce → snowflake connection. Thanks for the update! @marcosmarxm

@marcosmarxm This fixes the error, but breaks a lot of characters in the output since this encoding is incorrect for the majority of Salesforce instances.

For example I added ‘间单的说 :ringer_planet:’ in an opportunity’s description. The Airbyte source now converts this to ‘éÂ�´åÂ�Â�çÂ�Â�说 ðÂ�ªÂ�’

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.