Source Facebook Marketing: Trying to get "Insight" from Facebook Marketing , but all the values are 0

Hi Community,

I am trying to use source as Facebook Marketing (0.2.54) & destination as MongoDB (0.1.37), basically the connection is fine, but all the datatype as “float”/“double”/“int” will be stored as 0 , while others data is all good :

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 11.34.49 AM

Please advise which part is having problem.

Cheers!

Cat

Hey @catyung,
Could you please double-check your destination MongoDB version? The latest one is 0.1.4 and you mentioned using 0.1.37.
Could you also please share your catalog? You can check how to extract it here.

1 Like

Hi Alafanechere ,

Thanks for getting back. My bad… the mongodb version should be 0.1.4. (I copied the shopify version).

There will be 2 catalog.json (i saved as .txt)
destination_catalog.txt (25.3 KB)
source_catalog.txt (25.3 KB)

@catyung, the 0 values are indeed set for all fields that are either integer or float.
Could you please query your MongoDB to check if any of these field has a different value than 0?
I’m wondering if the error is the conversion of null value to 0 or if the error is the conversion of all number values to 0.
Would you be able to run a similar connection with a different destination such as S3 or Postgres to check if similar records have the same problem?

Hey Alafanechere,

You made a good point ! I dig into the documents in mongodb , realized not every documents are incorrect, only those ads created before 2022 are incorrect, if the ads created in 2022, then the values are all good.

I assume its about the facebook ad structure changed time to time ?

But, I am also having error on setting the end date, since i want to retrieve the latest date , so I should leave it blank, but then error occur :

The connection tests failed.

The provided configuration does not fulfill the specification. Errors: json schema validation failed when comparing the data to the json schema. Errors: $.end_date: does not match the regex pattern [1]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}T[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}Z$

1. 0-9 ↩︎

I assume its about the facebook ad structure changed time to time ?

This is highly probable. I’d suggest you check on Facebook API side if you could get these fields data before 2022.

Connection tests failed. . Errors: json schema validation failed when comparing the data to the json schema. Errors: $.end_date: does not match the regex pattern

Is this error happening during connection setup or on sync? Could you please share the sync logs?

Hi ,

Its happening when i try to setup the source , I dont think sync log available when the source cannot be setup properly ?

Hi @catyung, are you still experiencing problems with setting up the source?