BigQuery normalization doesn't find a destination table

• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: Yes
  • OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu
  • Memory / Disk: you can use something like - 1 Tb
  • Deployment: Are you using Docker or Kubernetes deployment? - No
  • Airbyte Version: What version are you using now? - 0.39.10
  • Source name/version: MySQL (MariaDB)
  • Destination name/version: BigQuery
  • Step: The issue is happening during sync, creating the connection or a new source? - During normalization
  • Description: I’m trying to replicate several tables from my MySQL (MariaDB) database to BigQuery. Unfortunately, I constantly get an error, that during normalization by dbt it cannot find destination table in my schema at a given location. I have tried different configurations, but unfortunately I keep land in the same place.

logs-18.txt (2.3 MB)

Hey @Kacper_Wozniak,
I’m under the impression that the root cause is on MySQL side and not BigQuery.
I spotted the following error in the log:

2022-06-07 16:03:01 e[44msourcee[0m > Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.kafka.connect.errors.ConnectException: Error reading MySQL variables: The server time zone value 'CEST' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the 'serverTimezone' configuration property) to use a more specific time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.2022-06-07 16:03:01 e[44msourcee[0m > at io.airbyte.integrations.debezium.internals.DebeziumRecordPublisher.close(DebeziumRecordPublisher.java:117)2022-06-07 16:03:01 e[44msourcee[0m > at io.airbyte.commons.concurrency.VoidCallable.call(VoidCallable.java:15)2022-06-07 16:03:01 e[44msourcee[0m > at io.airbyte.integrations.debezium.internals.DebeziumRecordIterator.requestClose(DebeziumRecordIterator.java:129)2022-06-07 16:03:01 e[44msourcee[0m > ... 30 more

The connector is not able to read your timestamp value due to mixed timezone settings in your column. I would suggest setting the serverTimezone=utc in the JDBC URL Params of in the MySQL source settings.
I think normalization does not find thedestination table because no data was originally replicated.

1 Like

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.