Connection Issue with Self-Hosted Airbyte and Connectors

Summary

User is facing a connection issue with self-hosted Airbyte platform when trying to use connectors. Error message ‘io.airbyte.workers.exception.WorkerException: Error checking connection status: no status nor failure reason were outputted’ is encountered. User has tried connecting to local Postgres, Instagram, and Facebook Marketing without success.

Question

Hey people,

I’m having a weird connection Issue with self hosted.

I’m running Airbyte in a VM with 6 cores and 10gigs of memory, everytime I try to use any connector I get something like this:
io.airbyte.workers.exception.WorkerException: Error checking connection status: no status nor failure reason were outputted
The full log is attached.

At first I though it might be connection issues with the VM, but looking through it, I’ve managed to install docker compose and airbyte through it and the connectors image seems like have been downloaded too, but don’t get it why I can’t connect to anything.

First thing I’ve tried was connecting to local postgres, but it didn’t worked, so I tried to connect to Instagram and got the same problem, then to Facebook Marketing, same thing.

Have anyone been through this?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.