Converting timestamp to date string in Airbyte Connector Builder

Summary

How to convert a timestamp to a date string in Airbyte Connector Builder for transforming and adding a field from a record’s field.

Question

<@U04SE163WC8> how to convert timestamp to date string in airbyte connector builder when I want to transform to add a field from record’s field?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["convert-timestamp", "date-string", "airbyte-connector-builder", "transform", "add-field"]

In the Airbyte Connector Builder, you can add fields to apply transformations to an existing field. However, the provided extracts do not contain specific information on how to convert a timestamp to a date string. Here’s an example of how to add a field and apply a hash function to it: json { "id": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000", "status": "SENT", "name": "Foo", "subject": "Bar", "from": { "name": "John Doe", "email_address": "[[email protected]](<https://docs.airbyte.com/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection>)" }, "created_at": "2023-04-13T15:28:37+00:00", "sent_at": "2023-04-14T15:28:37+00:00" } To apply a hash function to it, set the “Path” to “from, name” to select the name property nested in the from object and set the value to {{ record['from']['name'] | hash('md5') }}. This hashes the name in the record. However, for your specific case of converting a timestamp to a date string, you might need to use a different function or method that is not provided in the extracts. I recommend checking the Airbyte documentation for more details on how to perform this operation.

how to get date from timestamp in airbyte <@U04SE163WC8>

A message from http://kapa.ai|kapa.ai

Hmm, I don’t know enough to give you a confident answer yet. The provided extracts do not contain specific information on how to extract a date from a timestamp in Airbyte. However, typically in data processing, you would use date functions to extract the date from a timestamp. The exact method would depend on the specific language or tool you’re using. I recommend checking the Airbyte documentation or the Airbyte community forum for more specific guidance on this topic.

can I undo after delete a connection in airbyte ui <@U04SE163WC8>

Based on the provided extracts, once a connection is deleted in Airbyte, there isn’t a direct way to undo the deletion from the UI. However, there are discussions in the Airbyte community forum about recovering deleted connections by modifying variables in the database. This approach would require some familiarity with the underlying database structure of Airbyte and should be done with caution to avoid unintended consequences. For more details, you can refer to this forum post where this topic was discussed. Remember to always backup your data and configurations before making any changes to the database.