Error building custom destination connector

Summary

Failed to build connector image for platform linux/amd64 due to non-printable ASCII characters in directory name

Question

Hey Airbyte folks,
I am building a custom destination connector and gettting error as
pre>Failed to build connector image for platform linux/amd64: host directory airbyte-integrations/connectors/destination-quickbooks/.
/: rpc error: code = Internal desc = rpc error: code = Internal desc = header key “dir-name” contains value with non-printable ASCII characters
please do help <@U04SE163WC8>

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["error", "building", "custom-destination-connector", "non-printable-ASCII", "directory-name"]

Hello! How can I assist you with Airbyte today?

Hmm, I don’t know enough to give you a confident answer yet. The error message you’re seeing seems to suggest that there might be non-printable ASCII characters in the “dir-name” header key. However, without more context or information, it’s hard to provide a specific solution. I recommend checking your code for any non-printable ASCII characters that might be causing this issue. Also, ensure that you’re following the guidelines for building a custom connector as outlined in the Airbyte documentation. If you’re still having trouble, consider posting your question on the Airbyte forum or the Airbyte Slack channel for more specific help.

A message from http://kapa.ai|kapa.ai

I’m sorry, but based on the information provided in the extracts, I don’t have enough details to provide a specific solution to the error you’re encountering while building a custom destination connector. The error message suggests that there might be non-printable ASCII characters in the “dir-name” header key. You might want to check your code and directory names for any such characters. For building a custom connector, you can refer to the Airbyte’s documentation on Building a Python Destination or Building a Java Destination depending on your use case. If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to the Airbyte community on their forum or GitHub for more specific help.