Error: column schema_management.backfill_preference does not exist

Summary

Error message indicating a missing column in the schema_management table

Question

does anyone happen to come across this error recently?
ERROR: column schema_management.backfill_preference does not exist Position: 231

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["error", "column", "schema-management", "backfill-preference"]

it happens with salesforce connector. was working 2 days ago and I didn’t do any upgrade.
Internal Server Error: SQL [select "public"."schema_management"."id", "public"."schema_management"."connection_id", "public"."schema_management"."created_at", "public"."schema_management"."updated_at", "public"."schema_management"."auto_propagation_status", "public"."schema_management"."backfill_preference" from "public"."schema_management" where "public"."schema_management"."connection_id" = cast(? as uuid)]; ERROR: column schema_management.backfill_preference does not exist Position: 231

This is happening in the connection or in one Airbyte container?

I got this error message when I try to roll out a schema update

also the sync failed from 2 days ago.
here is the logs

'The stream TimeSlot no longer exists in the configuration. Refresh the schema in replication settings and remove this stream from future sync attempts.'```

Looks the database didn’t upgrade properly the tables and there are some missing columns.

looks like there is indeed no column in schema_management table.

select * from airbyte_jobs_migrations order by installed_on desc limit 50;
I’m running airbyte helm chart 0.50.22 and salesforce connector v2.2.2 by the way.
app version is 0.50.44

oh there is another migration table

upgrading to latest helm chart and the migration is executed. the backfill_preference column is added.

<@U06700WKSLR> are you unblocked now?

yes, upgrading fixed the problem :ok_hand: