Error creating source in Airbyte using API

Summary

When trying to create a source in Airbyte using the API, an internal server error with a NullPointerException is encountered. The request body includes configuration details for the source.

Question

I have hosted Airbyte on my localhost using Docker Compose. This is my request and body: http://localhost:8000/api/v1/sources/create
{
“configuration”: {
“sourceType”: “faker”,
“count”: 1000,
“seed”: -1,
“records_per_slice”: 200,
“always_updated”: false,
“parallelism”: 4
},
“workspaceId”: “7977408d-7e13-461b-bfc0-41956bc2e572”,
“definitionId”: “dfd88b22-b603-4c3d-aad7-3701784586b1”,
“name”: “Sample Data (Faker)”
}
I have used Basic Auth with empty username and password, and with the default username and password. But i am getting this error:
{
“message”: “Internal Server Error: null”,
“exceptionClassName”: “java.lang.NullPointerException”,
“exceptionStack”: [
“java.lang.NullPointerException”,
“\tat java.base/java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:233)”,
“\tat java.base/java.util.Optional.of(Optional.java:113)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.data.services.impls.jooq.SourceServiceJooqImpl.getStandardSourceDefinition(SourceServiceJooqImpl.java:120)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.config.persistence.ConfigRepository.getStandardSourceDefinition(ConfigRepository.java:326)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.commons.server.handlers.SourceHandler.getSpecFromSourceDefinitionIdForWorkspace(SourceHandler.java:468)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.commons.server.handlers.SourceHandler.createSource(SourceHandler.java:171)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.commons.server.handlers.SourceHandler.createSourceWithOptionalSecret(SourceHandler.java:140)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.server.apis.SourceApiController.lambda$createSource$4(SourceApiController.java:94)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.server.apis.ApiHelper.execute(ApiHelper.java:28)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.server.apis.SourceApiController.createSource(SourceApiController.java:94)”,
“\tat io.airbyte.server.apis.$SourceApiController$Definition$Exec.dispatch(Unknown Source)”,
“\tat io.micronaut.context.AbstractExecutableMethodsDefinition$DispatchedExecutableMethod.invokeUnsafe(AbstractExecutableMethodsDefinition.java:461)”,
“\tat io.micronaut.context.DefaultBeanContext$BeanContextUnsafeExecutionHandle.invokeUnsafe(DefaultBeanContext.java:4232)”,
“\tat io.micronaut.web.router.AbstractRouteMatch.execute(AbstractRouteMatch.java:271)”,
“\tat io.micronaut.http.server.RouteExecutor.executeRouteAndConvertBody(RouteExecutor.java:488)”,
“\tat io.micronaut.http.server.RouteExecutor.lambda$callRoute$6(RouteExecutor.java:465)”,
“\tat io.micronaut.core.execution.ExecutionFlow.lambda$async$1(ExecutionFlow.java:87)”,
“\tat io.micronaut.core.propagation.PropagatedContext.lambda$wrap$3(PropagatedContext.java:211)”,
“\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1144)”,
“\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:642)”,
“\tat java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1583)”
]
}
What is the problem here? Can someone please explain?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.