Error opening existing connection after Airbyte upgrade

Summary

After upgrading Airbyte from version 0.50.30 to 0.63.9, an existing connection is throwing an error when trying to open it, while all other connections are working fine.

Question

After upgrade of AirByte from 0.50.30 to 0.63.9, one of the existing connection is giving this error when I try to open it. All other connections were fine

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["error", "existing-connection", "upgrade", "airbyte-platform"]

I’m sort of guessing that this may be related to the deprecation of Normalization as part of Destinations V2.

What destination are you using? and what version of that destination?

destination is PostgresDB. Other connections to same Destination are working fine

Anything unique about this source compared to the others? What type is is . . . CDK, Low-code, Builder?

nothing special about the source. It is MySQL and same source is used in other connections w/o any issues. infact , I created another new connection after upgrade with same source and destination for same data sync and it is working fine.

I dont have any option to delete this connection

is there a way to manually delete this connection from the list

go to the connection and then to the Settings Tab, should be a big red scary button there

note that if you’re using the same source/destination in the copy, you only want to delete the connection, not the source/destination. if you duplicated the source as well, you may want to delete that one too

I am NOT able to get to this screen for that connection.

Does the settings tab not exist?

I get the 500 error when I click on the Connection so I cant go to next page

here is the error I get when I click on the connection

I’d check the container logs and see if there’s anything causing the host to fail