Exporting metadata from old Airbyte instance and importing into new instance

Summary

How to export metadata (connections, sources, destinations) from an old Airbyte instance and import into a new instance

Question

Hello, i want to export metadata (connections, sources, destinations) from an old stopped airbyte (v 0.53.0) instance on my remote machine, et import theses data into my new airbyte instance (last version). I don’t know where i can find files or something else about these datas. Thanks for your help

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["export-metadata", "import-metadata", "old-instance", "new-instance", "connections", "sources", "destinations"]

I believe the only way to achieve this today is by using pg_dump to back up the Airbyte database. You then load the backup into your new instance and update the configuration to point to the new database.
cc <@U04197GAK9R>

Okay thanks, do you think i will have compatibility problem with the import of the old database ?

Are you trying to migrate from PG13 to PG15?

You can export the dump and try to import without stopping your instance

Okay, i will try to do it, but i have a last question. on new airbyte version, there is no database container like the old one with docker compose, because now i can only see one abctl container, i followed the “Configuring the Airbyte Database” but there is still nothing on the new instance, do i need to do something else ? Thanks you

If you’re using abctl you must access the “kubernetes cluster” and see the pods running in the namespace.

Okay i see it, thanks for you help Marcos