High CPU Usage by airbyte-worker Container after Update to v0.50.51

Summary

The airbyte-worker container is consuming high CPU resources after updating to v0.50.51, with usage scaling with the number of syncs running. Setting JOB_MAIN_CONTAINER_CPU_LIMIT variable does not lower the CPU usage.

Question

Hello everyone, was wondering if anyone else faced this issue.
We are running OSS version on e2-highmem-8 machine in GCP.
We are facing problems since we have updated to v0.50.51, namely the airbyte-worker container is hogging CPU resources and it’s scaling with the number of syncs running.
If I run two syncs at the same time the usage goes up to 400%, we also see our CPU locked at 100% usage in the morning where we ran most of our syncs, while most syncs look to be in pending state.

This seems like a bug, I have tried setting JOB_MAIN_CONTAINER_CPU_LIMIT variable but that does not seem to do anything to lower the CPU usage of the airbyte-worker

I have seen this thread already: https://airbytehq.slack.com/archives/C021JANJ6TY/p1706901124594629, but the response is not very helpful as this looks like a bug.
I was also able to replicate this on my local machine (ryzen 7 5800x), with a fresh install running just 3 connections CPU usage is 600%.

Any advice on sorting this would be highly appreciated.

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.