- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- OS Version / Instance: MacOS Ventura 13.0.1
- Memory / Disk: 64Gb / 2 Tb
- Deployment: Docker
- Airbyte Version: fork here. 0.40.28
- Source name/version: Postgres 1.0.36
- Destination name/version: Convex (dev - created myself)
- Step: Sync with CDC enabled and dedup mode
Sync fails despite the data transfer completing. Sync hangs and retries with
create or update state error and then times out. Logs are attached. Other sync modes work fine. I have a PR open with the destination connector for Convex that I wrote: #21287
d4866404_a2ef_40ff_afc7_070e77779db7_logs_1_txt.txt (253.4 KB)
Hello there! You are receiving this message because none of your fellow community members has stepped in to respond to your topic post. (If you are a community member and you are reading this response, feel free to jump in if you have the answer!) As a result, the Community Assistance Team has been made aware of this topic and will be investigating and responding as quickly as possible.
Some important considerations that will help your to get your issue solved faster:
- It is best to use our topic creation template; if you haven’t yet, we recommend posting a followup with the requested information. With that information the team will be able to more quickly search for similar issues with connectors and the platform and troubleshoot more quickly your specific question or problem.
- Make sure to upload the complete log file; a common investigation roadblock is that sometimes the error for the issue happens well before the problem is surfaced to the user, and so having the tail of the log is less useful than having the whole log to scan through.
- Be as descriptive and specific as possible; when investigating it is extremely valuable to know what steps were taken to encounter the issue, what version of connector / platform / Java / Python / docker / k8s was used, etc. The more context supplied, the quicker the investigation can start on your topic and the faster we can drive towards an answer.
- We in the Community Assistance Team are glad you’ve made yourself part of our community, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions and resolve the problems as quickly as possible. Expect to hear from a specific team member as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and attention.
The Community Assistance Team
Hello Emma Forman Ling, it’s been a while without an update from us. Are you still having problems or did you find a solution?
This issue was never resolved! This PR is also still open and has not been reviewed yet. Any idea what the timeline for review might be like? At Convex we are really excited about enabling developers to use Airbyte to connect different source databases to Convex!
Hey Emma, sorry for the delay! Our team is a little backed up with reviews and questions but we’ll try to get your PR merged in soon. Thanks for being patient
We upgraded to Airbyte OSS v0.41 today in the hopes of getting past an issue with the Iterable connector. But now I’m wondering if the above problem is still around in v0.41, and if we should go back to v.0.40.30. What was working fine under v0.40.15 for Google Analytics is now hanging with the dedup sync problem mentioned above (
create or update state error).
Log attached, scroll down to line 634 to see the first “Attempt 0 to get state”.
3804963a_8f8c_4a0b_91ae_d85d1d37caa4_logs_4629_txt.txt (130.3 KB)
Thanks @danielcook. I am not 100% sure it’s the same issue but thanks for adding context that it was working before. @sajarin any update on when this issue will be addressed? I am also happy to cut it from the scope of my PR if that will help my PR get approved since this issue only occurs with incremental dedup sync mode. It looks like no one has taken a look yet and it’s been close to two months now since I opened it.