Issue with API not creating entry in secrets table correctly

Summary

When adding new sources via the UI, encountering ‘Permission denied’ error. Workaround is creating sources and connections via the API, but API does not create the entry in the ‘secrets’ table in the database correctly. Entry is made in the ‘coordinate’ column but leaves the ‘payload’ blank.

Question

I finally have a decent (but working) setup with EKS. Using S3 & RDS for the storage/state. I migrated my database from local (abctl) and everything is humming along nicely (for existing connections).

However, when trying to add new sources via the UI, I am getting the seemly known Permission denied: '/config/connectionConfiguration.json' error. While that is concerning, I have a workaround by creating sources and connections via the API. My main issue (at least what I think is my issue) is that when doing this and kicking off a sync, the API does not create the entry in the secrets table in the database correctly. It will enter a record in the coordinate column, but leave the payload blank. And of course I can get it to work if I manually enter the payload- but obviously don’t want to be doing that…

So, for my understanding, when and from which “service” does this entry into the db occur? I am hesitant to configure the secret management to AWS Secret Manager as that set up was very error prone for me - if it is really the key to this, I will totally roll up my sleeves and navigate it, but it would be nice to just work with the database setup. Thanks in advance for any insight & happy to provide any more details that I left out of course.

Chart Version: 0.631.1
App Version: 0.64.7
Meta Source Version: Currently 3.1.0 - but tried with 3.2.0 & 3.3.15

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.