Issue with metric-reporter container in Airbyte showing Connection refused error

Summary

The user is facing an issue with the metric-reporter container in Airbyte, encountering a ‘Connection refused’ error. The logs indicate a java.net.PortUnreachableException. The user is seeking help to understand the potential causes of this error and recommended troubleshooting steps.

Question

Hello Everyone,
I’m encountering an issue with the metric-reporter container in Airbyte. The logs show the following warning:
2024-10-08 14:08:34 WARN i.m.s.r.u.Loggers$Slf4JLogger(warn):299 - [b2635dd2, L:/127.0.0.1:53291 - R:localhost/127.0.0.1:8125] An exception has been observed post termination, use DEBUG level to see the full stack: java.net.PortUnreachableException: recvAddress(…) failed: Connection refused

Details:
Airbyte Version: 0.63
Environment: Docker-compose
Steps to reproduce: I have deployed OpenTelemetry and its UP in prometheus but unable to get metrics, when i saw the logs i get the above error.

Questions:
Has anyone experienced this issue before?
What could be the potential causes for the Connection refused error?
Are there any recommended troubleshooting steps or configurations that I should check?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.