Issue with Temporal Service on EKS with External PostgreSQL RDS

Summary

Temporal service is not starting up due to ‘Waiting for PostgreSQL to startup’ message, causing server and worker pods to not run.

Question

Hey Team
I am trying to install Airbyte on EKS with an external ostgresql RDS.
The temporal service is giving me this message - “Waiting for PostgreSQL to startup.” Due to this server and worker pods are not running.
Could you please help

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["eks", "external-postgresql-rds", "temporal-service", "server-pods", "worker-pods"]

Did you follow instructions here https://docs.airbyte.com/deploying-airbyte/on-kubernetes-via-helm#external-airbyte-database to use the external database?

Yes…I am following the same doc

temporal service was able to connect to postgres, but now I am stuck here
2024-02-15 12:17:54 ERROR i.m.r.Micronaut(handleStartupException):338 - Error starting Micronaut server: Bean definition [javax.sql.DataSource] could not be loaded: Error instantiating bean of type [javax.sql.DataSource]

Path Taken: DataSource.dataSource(DatasourceConfiguration datasourceConfiguration) –> DataSource.dataSource([DatasourceConfiguration datasourceConfiguration])
io.micronaut.context.exceptions.BeanInstantiationException: Bean definition [javax.sql.DataSource] could not be loaded: Error instantiating bean of type [javax.sql.DataSource]

Path Taken: DataSource.dataSource(DatasourceConfiguration datasourceConfiguration) –> DataSource.dataSource([DatasourceConfiguration datasourceConfiguration])

I have resolved this issue after I set the database details in the global section