Multitenancy in open-source Airbyte

What is the best way to set up multitenancy on open-source Airbyte? By multitenancy I mean several groups will have access to Airbyte to create their own ingest pipelines but shouldn’t be able to see sources/destinations/connections/logs other than their own.

Do workspaces help with this? I don’t see workspaces mentioned much in the documentation (although I see them in the API reference).

Hi @Ashley_Baer, that is an excellent question. Let me look into this and I will get back to you soon.

Hi @natalyjazzviolin! Wondering if you have any update on this? Thanks!!

Hello! Thank you for your patience on this, I do have some good news for you -

You can definitely use workspaces for this purpose in the OSS version of Airbyte. Here are the steps:

1. There is no UI for workspaces in the OSS version, so you need to manage them using the API. You can create a workspace through this endpoint:
    https://airbyte-public-api-docs.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/rapidoc-api-docs.html#post-/v1/workspaces/create
  2. Then you can switch to different workspaces by editing the URL, change the workspace id that comes right after /workspaces/

Let me know if you need any other info on this, and hope this helps!

2 Likes

I just tried it and had to get rid of the defaultGeography field because it didn’t recognize it. Then deleted a trailing comma and got this, which is working for me. Could you try it?

{
  "email": "user@example.com",
  "anonymousDataCollection": false,
  "name": "string",
  "news": false,
  "securityUpdates": false,
  "notifications": [
    {
      "notificationType": "slack",
      "sendOnSuccess": false,
      "sendOnFailure": false,
      "slackConfiguration": {