Postgresql destination connection fails

I am getting following error when connecting airbyte to postgresql destination present on gcp.
Could not connect with provided configuration. Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.)
Do I need to setup sql proxy server?

Is this a docker install on a windows machine?

docker install on ubuntu

Please look in this other topic about it: Could not connect with provided configuration. Error: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory

I had that issue on my windows machine until i used the host “host.docker.internal” instead of the typical localhost or 127.0.0.1.

2 Likes

In my case I am not using local db.It is local/ubuntu airbyte docker connecting to remote gcp cloudsql/postgresql as airbyte destination. Do I still need to pull dockerRepository and dockerImageTag fields and then do docker-compose up as suggested in the link you shared?

Mosts cases for this situations @Kazram is because the instance doesn’t have the connection to your database. Can you double check the Airbyte Server instance is allow to access the database one?

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.