Querying DWH (Snowflake) as part of source connector for awkward API with expiring IDs

Summary

The user is looking for a way to query a Data Warehouse (Snowflake) as part of the source connector to apply logic for an awkward API with expiring IDs. They are considering using SQLAlchemy but are unsure how to access the credentials for the new source.

Question

Hello, I am working on creating a connector for an awkward API which requires an ID per customer that expires and is aggressively rate limited. As such, I don’t believe I can use the Parent Stream option as the expiration date would not be available, Is there a way to query a DWH (snowflake) as part of the source connector to apply logic to retrieve the list? I’m guessing I could just use SQLAlchemy but how can I access the credentials as its not the existing source?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.