SFTP File Source - Excel File import Error

Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu Server 20.04 (64-bit)
Memory / Disk: 8Gb
Deployment: Docker
Airbyte Version: 0.35.65-alpha
Source name/version: File (excel) SFTP
Destination name/version: Postgres
Step: The issue is happening during “Set up the connection” (after i click add destination button)
Error: Failed to fetch schema. Please try again

Hi,
I am trying to transfer data from excel to postgresql. I sucsesfuly configure the sources (excel from SFTP ) and the destinations (Postgresql). when I try to set the connection with that object, it is generate “Failed to fetch schema. Please try again.” when i looked the log files I found the following error. I do not know how to solve that problem.
I atteched the log file also. Can you guide me to solve that problem. Regards
log.txt (12.4 KB)

we also tested the same excel file with “local file system” option, and we succesed.

1 Like

Hey when you say local file system you mean that as a source? As far as I see the error is related to the schema generation where it is causing an issue, Is it possible to share a sample file here so that we can test it?

1 Like

Hi harshith,
Yes I am mentioned to local file system as source.
I am sharing the file which is we used.(Because of the forums upload module restirictions, I only add the extentions to the file, you can basicly remove the “.txt” from the full file name)
memberexcel.xlsx.txt (10.4 KB)

Hey could you help me with the response for that API call?

You can go to network tab and then select the failed response for the discover API

Hi,

I hope you mean the Browser Developer Tools Network tab. I get the responce for “http://<server_ip>:8000/api/v1/sources/discover_schema”

The responce is below :

discover_schema_responce.txt (6.6 KB)

Regards.

Hey have created an issue https://github.com/airbytehq/airbyte/issues/13933 so that team can look into it

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.