- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- OS Version / Instance: Linux, AWS EKS
- Memory / Disk: N/A
- Deployment: Kubernetes
- Airbyte Version: 0.40.28
- Source name/version: HubSpot
- Destination name/version: S3
- Step: The issue happens during a sync
We have about 80 active connections in airbyte. Based on the logs, it looks like the data had finished pulling, but it would get hung up. Note the varying sync times in the screen shot for <20kb of data synced. I’ve already set our airbyte-worker replica to 2 and resources are quite healthy in terms of cpu and memory across nodes and pods.
Is there a setting I need to to tweak for the syncs to complete quicker?
b0c6d25f_83d6_4585_9cbf_9d39f54d6cea_logs_461120_txt.txt (90.6 KB)
Hello there! You are receiving this message because none of your fellow community members has stepped in to respond to your topic post. (If you are a community member and you are reading this response, feel free to jump in if you have the answer!) As a result, the Community Assistance Team has been made aware of this topic and will be investigating and responding as quickly as possible.
Some important considerations that will help your to get your issue solved faster:
- It is best to use our topic creation template; if you haven’t yet, we recommend posting a followup with the requested information. With that information the team will be able to more quickly search for similar issues with connectors and the platform and troubleshoot more quickly your specific question or problem.
- Make sure to upload the complete log file; a common investigation roadblock is that sometimes the error for the issue happens well before the problem is surfaced to the user, and so having the tail of the log is less useful than having the whole log to scan through.
- Be as descriptive and specific as possible; when investigating it is extremely valuable to know what steps were taken to encounter the issue, what version of connector / platform / Java / Python / docker / k8s was used, etc. The more context supplied, the quicker the investigation can start on your topic and the faster we can drive towards an answer.
- We in the Community Assistance Team are glad you’ve made yourself part of our community, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions and resolve the problems as quickly as possible. Expect to hear from a specific team member as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and attention.
The Community Assistance Team
The first line of log:
2023-01-30 17:54:01 e[32mINFOe[m i.a.v.j.JsonSchemaValidator(test):130 - JSON schema validation failed.
The last line:
2023-01-30 18:00:06 e[32mINFOe[m i.a.w.t.s.ReplicationActivityImpl(getContainerLauncherWorkerFactory):333 - received response from from jobsApi.getJobInfoLight: class JobInfoLightRead
From logs the job took 6 min. Maybe you’re using a small cluster and this time is the waiting to have free resources to start the job.
I changed the MAX_SYNC_WORKERS and the sync speeds had increased. Is there a rule of thumb for how to configure MAX_SYNC_WORKERS and the number of airbyte-worker replica?
Today we don’t have a guide to configure those parameters
Got it, no worries! thanks for your help