Troubles with Hubspot connector after update to 0.51.0

Summary

Error related to nested data handling in Hubspot connector after update to 0.51.0

Question

Is anyone facing troubles with the Hubspot connector recently?
After the update to 0.51.0 my connector got broken with a very weird error:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "properties_hs_line_item_global_term_hs_recurring_billing_period" specified more than once
I found at least 3 similar questions in <#C01AHCD885S|ask-ai> channels, but the AI bot wasn’t helpful. I think the issue is related to how Airbyte handles nested data in Hubspot.Any hints on here?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["hubspot-connector", "update-0.51.0", "nested-data", "error", "postgresql"]

<@U06EWQ3CH52> check this thread as well

Hey <@U01MMSDJGC9>
We are able to switch this field through Airbyte UI but we also encountered a case where there was a custom Hubspot field which crossed the limit
For example: this was the issue we faced while connecting Hubspot of a user’s account =>
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "properties_what_is_your_aov_in_usd__average_order_value__for_ex" specified more than once

Also, we are using Airbyte API to sync Hubspot data to PostGres
Is there any way we can mimic field selection/deselection through the API rather than the UI?

<@U04A692M4RE> what was the latest stable version in your setup?

2.0.2 was the latest stable version
<@U02S89P0277>

It doesn’t work for me with the amazon ads and google analytics source

same issue here : https://github.com/airbytehq/airbyte/issues/36440#issuecomment-2018138568

I need to know what is the Destination version. When you upgrade the platform it also upgrade patch version of connectors and sometimes this can cause some issues.

<@U02S89P0277> maybe the source doesn’t have a conflict name with tables

Destination version was 2.0.4 (latest) <@U01MMSDJGC9>

same version 2.0.4 (latest)

just downgraded to 2.0.1 and now it works again

<@U04A692M4RE>, we also downgraded the destination version to 2.0.1 but we still have the same error. What source version are you using?

Team is investigating. I was able to reprodcue the issue locally. Any update please ask you to follow the Github. Issue :smile:

It looks the issue is because Postgres doesn’t support +63 column chars and Hubspot Deal stream had a edge-case where the truncated column cases a duplication problem. One possible solution is to turn off the properties_hs_line_item_global_term_hs_recurring_billing_period_enabled

Sorry if I have confused anyone. I had the issue with the Amazon Ads & Google Analytics 4 connector. Downgrading to 2.0.1 solved the problem for me

<@U01MMSDJGC9> same for : properties_hs_line_item_global_term_hs_recurring_billing_start_date_enabled
It is working from my side

Thanks to everyone for helping! I disabled the field in Airbyte (I didn’t know that was possible).

Same issue here. Just upgraded to 55.1 but now I get a internal error for all destinations