Using parameters from a parent to children stream in Airbyte connector development

Summary

The user is seeking guidance on how to utilize parameters from a parent stream in children streams in Airbyte connector development.

Question

Hi there! I have an issue understanding how to use https://docs.airbyte.com/connector-development/config-based/advanced-topics#parameters|$parameters from a parent to children stream.

1. My parent stream look like this: /users/{{ stream_partition.user_id }}/posts and will return entities with post_id as primary key
    a. My child stream look like this: /users/{{ parameters.user_id }}/posts/{{ stream_partition.post_id }}/comments
    How should I build my parent and children yamls to support this kind of thing?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.