• OS Version / Instance: Windows
  • Memory / Disk: you can use something like 64Gb / 1 Tb
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: 0.39.30
  • Source name/version: File
  • Destination name/version: PostgreSQL
  • Step: creating the connector
  • Description:

Where is the local folder on Windows that maps to /local in Airbyte?

I’ve tried placing a file called test.txt under the following locations, but regardless when setting up the source in Airbyte I get a Failed to load file error.

• \wsl$\docker-desktop\tmp\airbyte_local

• \wsl$\docker-desktop\tmp\airbyte

• \wsl$\docker-desktop-data\tmp\airbyte_local

• I tried to create a file under \wsl$\docker-desktop\tmp\docker-desktop-root\tmp, but got a catastrophic error message.

1 Like

https://docs.airbyte.com/operator-guides/locating-files-local-destination

Thanks @marcosmarxm, I appreciate the pointer.

Unfortunately, I have already looked at that doc, and I even tried to manually create the full path mentioned (\wsl$\docker-desktop\tmp\docker-desktop-root\containers\services\docker\rootfs\tmp\airbyte_local), but I run into the catastrophic error mentioned above.

Do you know if its possible to trigger Airbyte to create the path from within the container?

No, this is a limitation Docker container has to the hosted OS.
You can change the docker-compose file to map to a different location in your machine though.

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.