Airbyte API to python / Node.js application

Hi community,

Just wondering if there is any tutorial on the Airbyte API

I am testing the idea of using Airbyte to extract data from my Shopify store to MongoDB, the GUI version works perfectly, but then when I am trying to use Airbyte API, I am quite stuck at understanding the “example”.

Here is the things that I need to do :slight_smile:

1. Create a source (POST /v1/sources/create) as Shopify by using OAuth
  2. Crate a destination (POST /v1/destinations/create) as MongoDB by using Altas
  3. Create a connection (POST /v1/connections/create)

I am having problems when I tried to create source for Shopify :slight_smile:
{
“sourceDefinitionId”: "I copy the ID from my current shopify source ",
“connectionConfiguration”: {
“user”: “my email”
},
“workspaceId”: “myworkspaceId”,
“name”: “myworkspaceId”
}

Response is 500 ( “message”: “Internal Server Error: HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type”)

Can anyone please advise the sourceDefinitionId & user value, as im not sure about this !
The rest of the input , I get it from (“POST /v1/workspaces/list”)

Please advise if there is any tutorial about the usage of Airbyte API as well.

Cheers!

Cat

There isn’t a specific tutorial explaining how to build/use the API.
I can recommend to you go to the Airbyte WebApp and open the developer tool → network tab and follow the API requests the WebApp made to the server to understand how the payload is done.

1 Like

You are right ! Nailed it with this solution !

Thanks !

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.