Hello everyone! I was seeking some guidance regarding the
airbyte-workers task registration. Based on this I can see that there are provisions to have multiple task queues for
SYNC jobs, whereas, for the other jobs, they have only one task queue (static).
- I wanted to understand what is the reason to have multiple task queues for data sync in particular.
- Secondly, only the queue name for data sync tasks can be overridden using environment variables, but not the other queue names. What is the thought behind that?
Hello there! You are receiving this message because none of your fellow community members has stepped in to respond to your topic post. (If you are a community member and you are reading this response, feel free to jump in if you have the answer!) As a result, the Community Assistance Team has been made aware of this topic and will be investigating and responding as quickly as possible.
Some important considerations that will help your to get your issue solved faster:
- It is best to use our topic creation template; if you haven’t yet, we recommend posting a followup with the requested information. With that information the team will be able to more quickly search for similar issues with connectors and the platform and troubleshoot more quickly your specific question or problem.
- Make sure to upload the complete log file; a common investigation roadblock is that sometimes the error for the issue happens well before the problem is surfaced to the user, and so having the tail of the log is less useful than having the whole log to scan through.
- Be as descriptive and specific as possible; when investigating it is extremely valuable to know what steps were taken to encounter the issue, what version of connector / platform / Java / Python / docker / k8s was used, etc. The more context supplied, the quicker the investigation can start on your topic and the faster we can drive towards an answer.
- We in the Community Assistance Team are glad you’ve made yourself part of our community, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions and resolve the problems as quickly as possible. Expect to hear from a specific team member as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and attention.
The Community Assistance Team
Hey can you elaborate on
for the other jobs we have only 1 task queue. I think you differentiate spec, data sync, discover already
Hi @harshith, yes, for the other
type of jobs, they have their specific static single task queues.
My question was in terms of why is there a provision to have multiple task queues for SYNC job only and not for the other type of jobs. Secondly, the SYNC job task queue can be overridden via environment variable, but not for other types of job task queues.
Hey got it. Not totally familiar with the decision
why (Feel free to open a github issue incase there is a usecase which can help by having multiple queues). Otherwise, sync jobs are those which run longer and which run in huge number thus we thought more about those.