• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
  • OS Version / Instance: MacOS 12.2.1
  • Memory / Disk: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • Deployment: Kubernetes
  • Airbyte Version: 0.39.1-alpha
  • Source name/version: Private python source
  • Destination name/version: Private python destination
  • Step:
  • Description: Our Airbyte is deployed by Kubernetes. Kubernetes support a feature named Secrets for private environment variables such as authentications/password. I would like to have our Airbyte to utilize that feature. I tried to look at the java code in KubePodProcess.java file to find where I can modify the code for this feature but I couldn’t locate exactly where.

Any pointers on this matter is appreciated. Thank you!

Please let me know if I’m not being cleared.

Hey could you explain what are those fields you want to put in secrets? And more detail on the usecase

Hi, Thank you for responding
For my use case, I’d like to put some authentications for our DB in kubernetes secret and I’d like to find a way for Airbyte to access that.
I understand that I could put those authentication in Spec and have user inputs that but for my use case I’d like to avoid that.

Hey right we don’t have a way to do this. You can go through this doc where we have support to push to other secret stores. https://docs.airbyte.com/operator-guides/configuring-airbyte/#secrets**. Feel free to create an issue in github as an improvement so that team can comment over it**