- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- OS Version / Instance: AWS Linux, t3a.xlarge
- Memory / Disk: 16gb / a lot
- Deployment: Kubernetes
- Airbyte Version: 0.41.0
- Source name/version: N/A
- Destination name/version: N/A
- Description: We have over 100 connections that runs syncs every 10 mins / 1 hour. I’ve started to notice that we’re running into Bad Gateway errors when we make API calls to the Airbyte service. Taking a deeper look, it appears that
airbyte-server is constantly restarting.
kubectl top nodes, resources look healthy.
It appears that the liveness probe maybe the reason why it’s getting restarted.
I’ve already manually set it to 10 seconds using the env variables. It seems a bit suspicious for me to set it to a larger number. Any ideas on what could be happening?
Hello there! You are receiving this message because none of your fellow community members has stepped in to respond to your topic post. (If you are a community member and you are reading this response, feel free to jump in if you have the answer!) As a result, the Community Assistance Team has been made aware of this topic and will be investigating and responding as quickly as possible.
Some important considerations that will help your to get your issue solved faster:
- It is best to use our topic creation template; if you haven’t yet, we recommend posting a followup with the requested information. With that information the team will be able to more quickly search for similar issues with connectors and the platform and troubleshoot more quickly your specific question or problem.
- Make sure to upload the complete log file; a common investigation roadblock is that sometimes the error for the issue happens well before the problem is surfaced to the user, and so having the tail of the log is less useful than having the whole log to scan through.
- Be as descriptive and specific as possible; when investigating it is extremely valuable to know what steps were taken to encounter the issue, what version of connector / platform / Java / Python / docker / k8s was used, etc. The more context supplied, the quicker the investigation can start on your topic and the faster we can drive towards an answer.
- We in the Community Assistance Team are glad you’ve made yourself part of our community, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions and resolve the problems as quickly as possible. Expect to hear from a specific team member as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and attention.
The Community Assistance Team
I am having a very similar issue setting up on GCP Compute Engine for the first time and carefully following the documentation with version 0.42.0.
I cannot access the UI because it displays the server is still starting and it actually restart approximately every 20 seconds.
I found that this is due to the liveness probe timeout being too short on less performant machines. You can override these values in the config or disable the probe entirely (useful in dev).