- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?:Yes
- OS Version / Instance: PostgreSQL 13 on AWS
- Memory / Disk: 8GB
- Deployment: Docker
- Airbyte Version: 0.44.3
- Source name/version: PostgreSQL 13
- Destination name/version: Snowflake
- Step: The issue is happening during sync, creating the connection or a new source?
I have deployed Airbyte on AWS. I connected to the source and destination successfully yesterday and it worked fine. But it failed to sync data this morning after I re-logined localhost:8000 with error ‘no space left on device’. When I was figuring this out, I encountered the error ‘Oops! Something went wrong…’ and I re-connected to localhost:8000, it’s asking me to create first connection, and I did create a new connection, it is working well, but I couldn’t do it over and over again as long as I have the same issue every time, how can I avoid it?
Airbyte will be disconnected few hours later after I close my laptop lid, how can I fix it?