• OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu
  • Memory / Disk: 8Gb
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: 0.35.65-alpha
  • Source name/version: Local csv
  • Destination name/version: snowflake
  • Step: creating the a new source
  • Description:
    I am trying to create a local csv file source. I have data files stored in a folder locally. I am confused about URL field like what should I add here. the guide suggest to have data in tmp/airbyte_local folder. where’s this folder and how we can access it to place our data here?

Hi,
The folder (/tmp/airbyte_local) means “/local”. You can try writing in URL field “/local/file_name.csv”.

I have given the path of file in my local system but getting this error
Failed to load file:///local//home/pc/data/csv_FHIR/careplans.csv: FileNotFoundError(2, ‘No such file or directory’) Traceback (most recent call last): File “/airbyte/integration_code/source_file/source.py”, line 86, in check with client.reader.open(binary=client.binary_source): File “/airbyte/integration_code/source_file/client.py”, line 78, in open self._file = self._open(binary=binary) File “/airbyte/integration_code/source_file/client.py”, line 116, in _open return smart_open.open(self.full_url, mode=mode) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/smart_open/smart_open_lib.py”, line 181, in open newline=newline, File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/smart_open/smart_open_lib.py”, line 346, in _shortcut_open return _builtin_open(local_path, mode, buffering=buffering, **open_kwargs) FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/local//home/pc/data/csv_FHIR/careplans.csv’

I have provided this path /local//home/pc/data/csv_FHIR/careplans.csv

Hey we have stopped working on source-file could you move to source-files connector ?

I don’t get it. there’s only file connector available in source. The available guide also doesn’t have much information. can you tell me what url will be if I have this folder hierarchy home>data>file.csv

I meant we are not working on source-file  there is a new connector source-files which you can use for csv files

I can’t find this connector in source list and also in storage provider list. where is this connector? I have update airbyte as well.

Hey my bad you are already using the connector. Here you can follow this

Note that for local filesystem, the file probably have to be stored somewhere in the /tmp/airbyte_local folder with the same limitations as the CSV Destination so the URL should also starts with /local/.

will try to store it to tmp/airbyte first. Thanks for helping.

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.