Error with api/v1/source_definitions/create when running on GCP

• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: Yes
  • OS Version / Instance: Linux(GCP compute engine)
  • Memory / Disk: you can use something like 4Gb / 1 Tb
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: 0.39.5-alpha
  • Source name/version: Docker Hub
  • Destination name/version:
  • Step: The issue is happening during importing the connector
  • Description:
    Hi, I’m facing an issue while importing an home-built connector to an airbyte instance running on GCP compute engine.
    Once I clicked on the add button, I get a 500 error:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Get Spec job failed.

I trouble shooted the issue on my side:

• CE instance can connect to docker hub as it’s working with other containers
  • I can import the mentionned container on airbyte running locally (:sweat_smile:)
  • The API call is not returning more information than the message added to the description
  • I’m exploring the possibility of a blocked process by the firewall …

Do you have any idea of what’s happening ? Or an idea to restrict the search scope ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

The issue could be due to the OS/Arch (linux/arm64/v8) of this image.
It would explain why it’s working locally and not remotely

@alexisc could you try to run docker run connector-image:tag spec on your GCP VM and share the container output?
It might indeed be an architecture-related problem.

It’s confirmed it was due to an image built on a Apple M1 not running properly on the VM.
It will probably be interresting to display a more explicit error than Get Spec job failed.
Display the docker run error ?

This is not an issue with airbyte. Sorry for the noise!
Thanks for the support though

@alexisc you might want to use Docker Buildx to create a multi architecture image for your connector.
And you are right that the error message should be more explicit!

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.