Facebook Marketing - using a breakdown throws an error

• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
  • OS Version / Instance: EC2 t2.large
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: 0.36.4 alpha
  • Source name/version: Facebook Marketing
  • Destination name/version: Redshift
  • Step: sync incremental (first load)
  • Description: Recently I’m not able to re-sync the data from my main marketing account and receive this error
time_range=<Period [2021-07-17 -> 2021-07-17]>, breakdowns=['product_id']): failed second time, trying to split job into smaller jobs.
2022-06-28 18:45:07 source > Backing off call(...) for 5.0s (facebook_business.exceptions.FacebookRequestError: 
  Method:  GET
  Path:    https://graph.facebook.com/v13.0/act_585275074980299/insights
  Params:  {'level': 'campaign', 'action_breakdowns': '["action_type","action_target_id","action_destination"]', 'breakdowns': '["product_id"]', 'fields': '["campaign_id"]', 'action_attribution_windows': '["1d_click","7d_click","28d_click","1d_view","7d_view","28d_view"]', 'time_range': '{"since":"2021-06-18","until":"2021-07-17"}'}
  Response:
    {
      "error": {
        "code": 1,
        "message": "An unknown error occurred"

The days are imo random - could be one day in January 2022 or December 2021. Does someone have an idea how to solve it?

logs-979.txt (619.0 KB)

Are you using a custom insight or it’s breaking a default report?

hey @marcosmarxm, I’m using a custom insight: product_id

I ran the same custom report as yours and didn’t have issue with Facebook but account have few data points. Could you try a smaller period of data just to check if the report is generated? Like Start date 2022-04-01

I re-ran the sync and it worked on the 3rd attempt while the first two failed with the same error. Any idea what might have been different?

logs-1099-2.txt (565.8 KB)
logs-1099.txt (533.0 KB)

This is an error in Facebook side and their response in the body doesn’t contain any relevant information about the reason.
My recommendation is ask to FB support team too see if they can help you see why the report is failing.