Google Analytics Data API custom report 0.0.3 not working like in 0.0.2

Hi!

• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
  • OS Version / Instance: Amazon Linux (Inferred)
  • Memory / Disk: 64gb / 200 gb
  • Deployment: docker
  • Airbyte Version: * 0.39.41-alpha
  • Source name/version: Google Analytics Data API ALPHA 0.0.3
  • Destination name/version: S3 0.3.13
  • Step: Creating connection (probably caused from source configurations)
  • Description: In the last version 0.0.2 we have fields to setup the metrics and dimensions, everything runned fine. when i upgraded to the 0.0.3, the 2 fields merged in just one (Custom Reports (Optional)) and even following the documentation when i setup the connection i got an error when trying to fetch the schema.
    I know i can rollback to the 0.0.2 but i think the new versions will follow the 0.0.3 in future releases, so i want to start the new ingestions in the current version.
    The custom fields i’m trying to setup is

{“name”: “AirbyteForum”, “dimensions”: [“date”,“deviceCategory”,“firstUserSource”,“firstUserMedium”], “metrics”: [“activeUsers”,“totalUsers”,“newUsers”,“sessions”,“transactions”,“totalRevenue”,“userEngagementDuration”,“screenPageViews”]}

I can save without problems, but when i setup the connection (GA Data Api to S3) i got error " Failed to fetch schema. Please try again"

I know the connector is a alpha version, but maybe i can have some guidance from the community. I’m not an GA expert.

The log from the server after trying to setup the connection got my attention in this lines.

2022-08-23 17:20:11 e[32mINFOe[m i.a.v.j.JsonSchemaValidator(test):71 - JSON schema validation failed.
errors: $.client_id: is missing but it is required, $.client_secret: is missing but it is required, $.refresh_token: is missing but it is required, $.auth_type: must be a constant value Client
2022-08-23 17:20:13 e[32mINFOe[m i.a.s.RequestLogger(filter):112 - REQ 172.18.0.3 POST 200 /api/v1/sources/check_connection_for_update - {“connectionConfiguration”:“REDACTED”,“name”:“GA_DA_AIRBYTE”,“sourceId”:“63ade0e0-6a48-4244-8afb-1077ad63b5b0”}
2022-08-23 17:20:13 e[32mINFOe[m i.a.v.j.JsonSchemaValidator(test):71 - JSON schema validation failed.
errors: $.client_id: is missing but it is required, $.client_secret: is missing but it is required, $.refresh_token: is missing but it is required, $.auth_type: must be a constant value Client

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Hi @Vjard, could you please link the documentation you followed just to make sure we are on the same page?

@natalyjazzviolin

I’m really sorry to take so long to reply, i didn’t get the notification about your answer here, i using the link in the documentation and what i used in the older version.

I’m currently using the 0.0.2 without issue, but like i explained i don’t believe it’s the best way to stay, since all the new version will be using the new version.

Thank you for the reply and again sorry for the delay.

Alright, let’s do this - could you please update Airbyte and both the source and the destination to the latest versions. Then could you please provide the full error logs you’re getting? If they’re long, you can attach them as a file.

Hi @Vjard
I encounter the same problem with the custom reports.
The solution is, you need to put your custom reports in Json Format.
Here is the correct Json Format. You can try

[{“name”: “AirbyteForum”,“dimensions”: [“date”,“deviceCategory”,“firstUserSource”,“firstUserMedium”],“metrics”: [“activeUsers”,“totalUsers”,“newUsers”,“sessions”,“transactions”,“totalRevenue”,“userEngagementDuration”,“screenPageViews”]}]

1 Like

Thanks so much for your input, @phucdinh! @Vjard, let me know if the solution above helps!

1 Like

Hi @phucdinh and @natalyjazzviolin

Yep the solution is to use the brackets at the start and at the end of custom reports [ ]

Thank you for the help! I don’t know how to do it, but i believe the best here is to include the [ ] in the documentation.

Got it, great to hear! Raised a docs issue.