Google Search Console UI Bad Config

  • Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
  • OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu
  • Memory / Disk: 64Gb
  • Deployment: Docker
  • Airbyte Version: 0.36.8
  • Source name/version: Google Search Console 0.1.1
  • Destination name/version: Snowflake latest
  • Step: Updating Replication
  • Description: All fields revert to incremental + dedupe when changing any setting i.e. changing schema name, adding a table, etc. It always reverts to incremental + dedupe

Hey @danieldiamond this is on;y for GSC or for all the connections ?

See title and post tags, this is for the google source console source. I haven’t changed any of my other connectors so i can’t comment on those.
Can you please verify this does not happen on your end with the aforementioned airbyte version and source + destination?

Hey sorry didn’t mean if you reported for all the sources but rather wanted to check if this is happening for all the sources?

When you mean you added a new table then you would have refreshed the schema right? When this is done we load the schema back from the source which won’t have the previous schema.

Thus all those old config would have got refreshed

When I save the configuration for a selected subset of tables and configured for incremental only (on all tables) and then simply refresh the page, the UI shows the subset of tables but as dedupe (essentially ignoring the previous saved configuration).

https://github.com/airbytehq/airbyte/issues/12728

Just upgraded to 0.38.3 and the github source connector is completely wiped clean in the UI (all tables unselected, custom format namespace deleted, etc.). I’ve just checked using the airbyte API and it’s wiped on the backend (not just a UI bug). So i can no longer use this connector…

{
  "connectionId": "ac009925-...-2fcd09982b54",
  "name": "Github <> Snowflake",
  "namespaceDefinition": "source",
  "namespaceFormat": "",
  "prefix": "",
  "sourceId": "214fe226-...6d0b98226747",
  "destinationId": "d1ab8666-...-36cd72d41f46",
  "operationIds": [],
  "syncCatalog": {
    "streams": []
  },
  "schedule": null,
  "status": "active",
  "resourceRequirements": {
    "cpu_request": null,
    "cpu_limit": null,
    "memory_request": null,
    "memory_limit": null
  },
  "sourceCatalogId": null
}

Awful experience, this should be resolved ASAP

Steps to produce this issue:

  • refresh schema
  • add new tables
  • warning alert appears “You need to reset your connector…”
  • Click Okay.
  • Entire connector configuration is wiped clean

I then went reconfigure i.e. select tables, readd the custom format namespace etc. And then the other warning sign appears “Do you want to reset your connector” to which I clicked ignore i.e. don’t reset. That seemed to leave things as they are.