- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- Memory / Disk: you can use something like 4Gb / 1 Tb
- Deployment: Kubernetes
- Airbyte Version: 0.44.5
- Source name/version: Mixpanel (v0.1.34)
- Destination name/version: BigQuery (v1.4.1)
- Step: Sync
- Description: Remove this with the description of your problem.
I have setup an Airbyte(v0.44.5 deployed on Kubernetes) connection with Mixpanel source (v0.1.34) and BigQuery destination (v1.4.1).
This morning, the connection has failed due to a breaking schema change (field category was removed).
I wanted to ask, how can we potentially disable/ignore any breaking schema changes? In this case, I would expect the connection to keep syncing using the old schema, unless I take a certain action on it. And given that I haven’t updated the connection version, I wouldn’t expect to see any changes at all.
Refreshing the source schema and reloading all the data from the very beginning every time this happens is not an option for us, due to the extremely high volume of data we ingest from Mixpanel.
Can someone shed some light on this?