- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: Yes
- OS Version / Instance: MacOS Monterey 12.6
- Memory / Disk: 16Gb / 1Tb
- Deployment: Docker
- Airbyte Version: 0.40.13
- Source name/version: Google Sheets
- Destination name/version: Google Bigquery
- Step: During sync
- Description: I am trying to sync a few tabs from a Google Sheet to a table in Google Bigquery. The sync works fine but the destination has 4 new columns added by airbyte with information about the sync. The column/field names all start with _airbyte. Is there a way to hide these columns at the destination or prevent them from being added in the sync?
Hello there! You are receiving this message because none of your fellow community members has stepped in to respond to your topic post. (If you are a community member and you are reading this response, feel free to jump in if you have the answer!) As a result, the Community Assistance Team has been made aware of this topic and will be investigating and responding as quickly as possible.
Some important considerations that will help your to get your issue solved faster:
- It is best to use our topic creation template; if you haven’t yet, we recommend posting a followup with the requested information. With that information the team will be able to more quickly search for similar issues with connectors and the platform and troubleshoot more quickly your specific question or problem.
- Make sure to upload the complete log file; a common investigation roadblock is that sometimes the error for the issue happens well before the problem is surfaced to the user, and so having the tail of the log is less useful than having the whole log to scan through.
- Be as descriptive and specific as possible; when investigating it is extremely valuable to know what steps were taken to encounter the issue, what version of connector / platform / Java / Python / docker / k8s was used, etc. The more context supplied, the quicker the investigation can start on your topic and the faster we can drive towards an answer.
- We in the Community Assistance Team are glad you’ve made yourself part of our community, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions and resolve the problems as quickly as possible. Expect to hear from a specific team member as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and attention.
The Community Assistance Team
No this is not possible to hide because Airbyte uses internally to manage the syncs.
Ok that’s useful for me to know. It tells me I will have to hide/omit them downstream at the point where the data is used.