High CPU usage for worker since v0.63

Summary

High CPU usage reported for the worker component since version 0.63.

Question

Hello, since v0.63, I notice 100% CPU usage for the worker (even with 0.63.1), did you observe it also ?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want
to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["high-cpu-usage", "worker", "v0.63", "bug", "platform"]

No idea. Let me check

The high usage of CPU is happening even in idle? Can you check how many syncs you have in parallel?

even in idle right, no sync is running

it goes to 100% CPU at first sync launch (even a small one that pass successfully in 0.62.4)

and after canceling the sync, CPU remains at 100%

(we are using Docker deployment)

hello <@U01HYQYV1BQ>, any news about it ?
FYI we also identified another issue, this time on the v0.62.4: the RAM does not look released after sync completion :thinking_face:
(cf screenshot 21/06 → ram 30% to 60% with no release)
same impact: we have to restart the VM to release the RAM and prevent from global OOM (that we had last night because of the weekend)
NB: this was also the case in v0.60 as explained https://airbytehq.slack.com/archives/C021JANJ6TY/p1718614132926859|here

0.60.1 -> 0.62.4 is OK, we only had issue on 0.63.1 :thinking_face:

<@U02TNCJ5ERH> is this ring a bell to you? Any release made in the worker since 0.62.4 could help us understand what could cause this?

Do you mind opening a Github issue? I’ll ask the platform team to take a look. I didn’t find any recent issue about high worker CPU.

I can open the issue but we already rollback our upgrade and stay to 0.62.4, so no more logs to investigate except retrying the upgrade

I observed many new variables defined in the docker compose YAML file in the 0.63 version, do you know why ?

Can you share what new variables are you talking?

I ran a fresh installment and it’s working fine without CPU issues after the sync finished.

The default of these are empty, so I don’t think they’ll cause problems

Are you upgrading from what version?