Issue with spec.yaml generation in low code CDK

Summary

The user is facing an issue where spec.yaml is not generated after running generate.sh in low code CDK. Some artifacts in the source connector directory are pointing to spec.yaml even though it is not generated.

Question

Wondering if I might be seeing a bug. Following the instructions for low code CDK after running generate.sh i’m not seeing spec.yaml generated at all. The same properties seem to be available in manifest.yaml but some other artifacts in the source connector directory are pointing to spec.yaml like the acceptance-config file. Any ideas what could be going on?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["bug", "low-code-cdk", "spec.yaml", "source-connector", "generate.sh"]

New message text here

Should generate.sh produce a spec.yaml file or not when I’m trying to use the low code CDK?

Sorry <@U02ET60RRC6>, I’m not sure what you mean. Please try again. :wave:

<@U04SE163WC8> Should generate.sh produce a spec.yaml file or not when I’m trying to use the low code CDK?

Hmm, I don’t know enough to give you a confident answer yet. The information extracts provided do not mention the use of generate.sh or the production of a spec.yaml file in the context of using the low code CDK. For more information on how to use the low code CDK, you may want to refer to the Airbyte documentation or the Airbyte’s Low-Code CDK tutorial on YouTube.

<@U04SE163WC8> I followed that tutorial almost exactly and the files generated by the script don’t match what do I do now?

A message from http://kapa.ai|kapa.ai