MSSQL SSL error while creating source

We are creating a source of Microsft SQL Server. We have provided all the sources they asked for and while testing I am getting an SSL error I couldn’t understand why getting this error and how it will be resolved.

the error I received while testing the source.

State code: 08S01; Message: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: “The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS13, TLS12]”. ClientConnectionId:58aab76a-049d-4ee7-9fc4-7ae0ddb84149

Hey @kashish, are you using openSSL? I’ve seen similar issues come up in the past, so I’ll look into them!

NO, I am not using an OpenSSL.

NO, I am not using an OpenSSL.

[Discourse post]

Hello, I have the same error in creating a fonta, do you have any solution to connect?

The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: “The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS13, TLS12]”.

Hey @kashish and @iamthiagovillani!

It seems that you are encountering a TLS error when creating a Microsoft SQL Server source in Airbyte. The issue is that Airbyte does not currently support TLS 1.0. It only supports connecting to your data source with TLS encryption and with a username and password source.To resolve this issue, you should enable a higher version of TLS (e.g., TLS 1.2 or TLS 1.3) on your data source. Once you have enabled the appropriate TLS version, the connection should pass successfully.