Odoo - XMLRPC Source Development

I need to implement Source Connector into Odoo which has XMLRPC as its External API

Would you suggest me to implement it using HttpStream or Stream?

If I use Stream, I’d be able to implement it using python’s xmlrpc.client library.
On the other hand, using HTTPStream might also be possible, but I am still looking into the details of XMLRPC and HTTPStream.

In the future, I might be interested to submit a PR, but it might be tricky to make the implementation generalized as this Odoo source’s schema is quite dynamic

Any advice will be appreciated!

If you find a way to parse the response using HTTPStream from XML to JSON, definitely use this class. Maybe this discussion can help you. Otherwise you’ll need to build it from the Stream class.

Did you need any further assistance here?

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.