- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: Yes
- OS Version / Instance: Helm Chart
- Memory / Disk: 8GB/1TB
- Deployment: Kubernetes Helm
- Airbyte Version: What version are you using now?0.40.32
- Source name/version: Postgres - 1.0.48
- Destination name/version: S3 - 0.3.19
- Step: Incremental Sync
- Description: Using incremental append with a logical CDC after successful initial sync only one or two follow up appends actually transfer data. After that the Append step appears successful but no data is transferred and the WAL log on postgres is continuously increasing indicating it’s not being flushed as it transfers the data.
Hello there! You are receiving this message because none of your fellow community members has stepped in to respond to your topic post. (If you are a community member and you are reading this response, feel free to jump in if you have the answer!) As a result, the Community Assistance Team has been made aware of this topic and will be investigating and responding as quickly as possible.
Some important considerations that will help your to get your issue solved faster:
- It is best to use our topic creation template; if you haven’t yet, we recommend posting a followup with the requested information. With that information the team will be able to more quickly search for similar issues with connectors and the platform and troubleshoot more quickly your specific question or problem.
- Make sure to upload the complete log file; a common investigation roadblock is that sometimes the error for the issue happens well before the problem is surfaced to the user, and so having the tail of the log is less useful than having the whole log to scan through.
- Be as descriptive and specific as possible; when investigating it is extremely valuable to know what steps were taken to encounter the issue, what version of connector / platform / Java / Python / docker / k8s was used, etc. The more context supplied, the quicker the investigation can start on your topic and the faster we can drive towards an answer.
- We in the Community Assistance Team are glad you’ve made yourself part of our community, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions and resolve the problems as quickly as possible. Expect to hear from a specific team member as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and attention.
The Community Assistance Team
Hey @shanegleeson! Could you please upgrade Airbyte (we just went through a considerable refactor), and then provide the full sync logs? Thanks!
I’m using the latest helm chart (0.44.1) sourced from this repo: Usage | helm-charts
Is that not the latest version?
Here is where I think the issue is, but the logs don’t really show much
2023-02-28 15:53:07 source > INFO i.d.c.p.PostgresStreamingChangeEventSource(searchWalPosition):323 Searching for WAL resume position
2023-02-28 15:58:07 INFO i.a.w.g.DefaultReplicationWorker(lambda$readFromSrcAndWriteToDstRunnable$7):388 - Source has no more messages, closing connection.
There is a 5 minute wait between these two events, and the second event thinks there are no more messages when there have been changes to the DB. So that’s incorrect. I don’t understand how to fix that.
Helm versioning is not the same as the Airbyte instance versioning. Please update to the latest Airbyte release: