S3 Data Partitioning - Destination

Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: Yes

OS Version / Instance: Running in K8S within a local MacBook (M1 Chip).

Deployment: K8S (local)

Airbyte Version: 0.39.1-alpha

Source name/version: airbyte/source-postgres 0.4.16

Destination name/version: airbyte/destination-s3 0.3.6

Step: When you add the destination, does not seem to be any partition possibility?

Description:

Is there anyone that know how to configure partitioning of columns of files when using parquet for S3 destination? It seems like Airbyte only can dump files given a hardcoded prefix, rather than having a partitioning strategy based on a column value of the data?

I am loading the data as parquet.

Hey I don’t think we have that feature. I would suggest to create an issue in github as an improvement so that team or anyone can contribute for it

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.