• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
  • OS Version / Instance: Any
  • Memory / Disk: Any
  • Deployment: Any
  • Airbyte Version: 0.40.10
  • Source name/version: Any
  • Destination name/version: 0.4.38
  • Step:
  1. Create a connection with the Snowflake destination connector with “Destination Namespace” set to “Custom format”, and “Namespace Custom Format” set to something like “airbyte.io コーポレートサイトGA” which contains multi-bytes characters.
  2. Sync
  • Description:
    You’ll find a schema name defined as “AIRBYTE_IO__________GA” and there would be only _AIRBYTE_RAW_ tables inside.
    Every Snowflake identifiers should be enclosed by double quotes as described in Identifier Requirements — Snowflake Documentation to support multi-bytes characters for identifiers.
    I tried some variations such as "airbyte.io コーポレートサイトGA", \"airbyte.io コーポレートサイトGA\", \\"airbyte.io コーポレートサイトGA\\", ""airbyte.io コーポレートサイトGA"", but to no avail.

Hey @amrael, thanks so much for bringing this up! Could you please open a feature request on GitHub? That will be the fastest way to get this implemented! Feel free to tag me once you create the issue, I’ve got the same username on there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the swift reply! I’ve already created one here, Snowflake Destination Connector does not support multi-byte identifiers · Issue #18058 · airbytehq/airbyte · GitHub

Sure thing! I see it, I’ve triaged it and hope to check in with you later this week on GitHub. Closing this issue and let’s continue there!

1 Like