- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
- OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu 20.04 AWS EC2
- Memory / Disk: you can use something like 4Gb / 1 Tb
- Deployment: Docker
- Airbyte Version: 0.40.18
- Source name/version: MYSQL 1.0.8, 1.0.9, 1.0.10, 1.0.11
- Destination N/A
- Step: Initial Source Create / Connect
- Description: I detailed he problem in a previous post but I cant believe it is not working for everyone, so what is the trick, can the MYSQL Source connector connect to a REMOTE MYSQL Server. I can connect from the machine on which AirByte is installed using Mysql client and the same credentials as those I specify for the MySql Source connection. I see other people are managing to make it work, since they are reporting other problems that they encounter, apparently after they have got past this step, is it UBUNTU, is it AMAZON, is it MYSQL, is it REMOTE, is it DNS or is it just AIRBYTE ???
I am not using the SSH tunnel connection, I was hoping that AIRBYTE would simply connect to the remote MYSQL Server.
I know you made an issue on this on our Github: https://github.com/airbytehq/airbyte/issues/18673.
I’ve looked up online some of these errors and some people have reported that downgrading the MySQL server version may be a solution. Since you said you were running MySQL version 8.0.13, try downgrading to an earlier version like 5.7 or 5.6.
Hope this helps!