Syncing from MySQL to MS SQL using CDC

Summary

Exploring the possibility of syncing data from a MySQL cursor-based source to a CDC-based MS SQL destination

Question

Hi, I’m EL’ing from an mysql db (source) to an ms sql db (destination). Neither I have control over.
Using cursor syncing is very slow and I was thinking to try CDC sycning.

The mysql db is run by a vendor, and won’t change anything on my behalf. However, I can ask our ICT team to make changes to the MS SQL server, such as turning on CDC.

Q. Will syncing using a cursor-based source (mysql) to CDC-based destination (MS SQL) work? Or must both the source and destination DB’s have CDC enabled?

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.