If you have ever had trouble choosing the best replication option for your use case, then this article on Airbyte replication modes is for you!
It will take you through a high-level overview of the various replication modes and the benefits and trade-offs of each one, so that you can choose the best option for your use case!
In this article, you will find answers to the following questions that you may have:
- What is Airbyte’s ELT approach to data integration?
- Why is ELT preferred over ETL?
- What is a cursor?
- What is a primary key used for?
- What is the difference between full refresh replication and incremental sync replication?
- What does it mean to append data rather than overwrite it in the destination?
- How is incremental sync with deduped history different from incremental sync with append?
- What are the advantages of log-based change data capture (CDC) replication versus standard replication?
- Which replication mode should you choose?