Upgrade Issue: IllegalArgumentException: malformed JsonSchema object type

• Is this your first time deploying Airbyte?: No
  • OS Version / Instance: Ubuntu
  • Memory / Disk: Default resources on airbyte repository
  • Deployment: Kubernetes
  • Airbyte Version: What version are you using now?
  • Source name/version: 0.35.64-alpha
  • Destination name/version: 0.39.21-alpha
  • Step: Upgrading Airbyte
  • Description:

When upgrading Airbyte on Kubernetes,0.35.64-alpha ----> to 0.39.21-alpha, I get the following error:

2022-06-24 10:58:10 INFO i.a.c.p.DatabaseConfigPersistence(updateConnectorDefinitions):1836 - Connector airbyte/destination-mysql has new fields: tombstone, releaseStage
2022-06-24 10:58:10 INFO i.a.c.p.DatabaseConfigPersistence(updateConnectorDefinitions):1836 - Connector airbyte/destination-redis has new fields: tombstone, releaseStage
2022-06-24 10:58:10 INFO i.a.c.p.DatabaseConfigPersistence(updateConnectorDefinitions):1836 - Connector airbyte/destination-mongodb has new fields: tombstone, releaseStage
2022-06-24 10:58:10 INFO i.a.c.p.DatabaseConfigPersistence(updateConnectorDefinitions):1836 - Connector airbyte/destination-scylla has new fields: tombstone
2022-06-24 10:58:10 INFO i.a.c.p.DatabaseConfigPersistence(updateConnectorDefinitions):1836 - Connector airbyte/destination-pubsub has new fields: tombstone, releaseStage
2022-06-24 10:58:11 INFO i.a.c.p.DatabaseConfigPersistence(updateConfigsFromSeed):1650 - Connector definitions have been updated (0 new connectors, and 173 updates)
2022-06-24 10:58:12 INFO i.a.b.SecretMigrator(migrateSources):96 - Migrating Sources
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: malformed JsonSchema object type, must have one of the following fields: properties, oneOf, allOf, anyOf in {"title":"Start Date","format":"date-time","pattern":"^[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}T[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}Z$","examples":["2020-12-01T00:00:00Z"],"description":"UTC date and time. Any data created after this date will be replicated. If this parameter is not set, all data will be replicated."}
	at io.airbyte.commons.json.JsonSchemas.traverseJsonSchemaInternal(JsonSchemas.java:185)
	at io.airbyte.commons.json.JsonSchemas.traverseJsonSchemaInternal(JsonSchemas.java:177)
	at io.airbyte.commons.json.JsonSchemas.traverseJsonSchema(JsonSchemas.java:99)
	at io.airbyte.commons.json.JsonSchemas.traverseJsonSchemaWithCollector(JsonSchemas.java:116)
	at io.airbyte.commons.json.JsonSchemas.collectJsonPathsThatMeetCondition(JsonSchemas.java:129)
	at io.airbyte.config.persistence.split_secrets.SecretsHelpers.getSortedSecretPaths(SecretsHelpers.java:174)
	at io.airbyte.bootloader.SecretMigrator.getSecretPath(SecretMigrator.java:191)
	at io.airbyte.bootloader.SecretMigrator.migrateConfiguration(SecretMigrator.java:148)
	at io.airbyte.bootloader.SecretMigrator.lambda$migrateSources$3(SecretMigrator.java:99)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197)
	at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1625)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:575)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluateToArrayNode(AbstractPipeline.java:260)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toArray(ReferencePipeline.java:616)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toArray(ReferencePipeline.java:622)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.toList(ReferencePipeline.java:627)
	at io.airbyte.bootloader.SecretMigrator.migrateSources(SecretMigrator.java:107)
	at io.airbyte.bootloader.SecretMigrator.migrateSecrets(SecretMigrator.java:73)
	at io.airbyte.bootloader.BootloaderApp.lambda$new$0(BootloaderApp.java:130)
	at io.airbyte.bootloader.BootloaderApp.load(BootloaderApp.java:174)
	at io.airbyte.bootloader.BootloaderApp.main(BootloaderApp.java:247)
2022-06-24 10:58:13 INFO c.z.h.HikariDataSource(close):350 - HikariPool-1 - Shutdown initiated...

Hello Dishon, looks in a recent PR we need to update the json lib Airbyte uses and need to update a few specifications.
More details https://github.com/airbytehq/airbyte/pull/12325
Can you check the version you’re using for airbyte/source-freshdesk? If you’re not using the latest, please upgrade the connector and try to upgrade Airbyte again

Thank you, the solution worked

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.