- Is this your first time deploying Airbyte: No
- OS Version / Instance: Kubernetes on EKS
- Memory / Disk: 64GB+ / gp3 volume of the manifests’ default sizes.
- Deployment: Kubernetes
- Airbyte Version: 0.35.62-alpha
- Source name/version: N/A
- Destination name/version: N/A
- Step: Trying to add a source or destination, or update a connector.
- Description: I’ve deployed to an EKS cluster that’s using the istio service mesh, and am running into problems when adding an initial source connector. The source connector pod that’s created errs, and the pod logs show:
Using existing AIRBYTE_ENTRYPOINT: /airbyte/base.sh
Waiting on CHILD_PID 7
Heartbeat to worker failed, exiting…
I tried today without the Istio sidecars, and things worked without issue.
Is it possible to share the Istio configuration and changes in the k8s files you had apply to use Airbyte with it?
Sorry for the delay! I’m using Flux2 to deploy. I use a helm repo and a few charts to deploy the istio components, and I use the airbyte git repo and a kustomization to deploy airbyte. I’ve attached the manifests that get me there. If you want to reproduce this locally, you’ll want to wait until you ensure all the istio components are done prior to applying the airbyte manifests.
airbyte-manifests.txt (539 Bytes)
istio-manifests.txt (1.8 KB)
Sorry the long delay here Brad, are you still having issues with Istio and Airbyte?
Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.