Building a fresh airbyte fork

I have a fresh airbyte fork. Upon running SUB_BUILD=PLATFORM ./gradlew build i am receiving errors in unit test.

org.opentest4j.AssertionFailedError: expected: <[CAD, DKK, HKD, HUF, ISK, PHP, date, items, nestedkey, oldName, someArray, somekey, something, something2, ���]> but was: <[CAD, DKK, HKD, HUF, ISK, PHP, date, items, nestedkey, oldName, someArray, somekey, something, something2, 文]>

Its from testGetFieldNames(CatalogHelpersTest.java line 89) . What is this special symbol 文 ?

I was able to get past by ignoring the test but i am not sure what encoding is this.

Hey could you share the complete log or screenshot?

Attaching build log.

> Task :airbyte-protocol:protocol-models:test FAILED

CatalogHelpersTest > testGetFieldNames() FAILED
    org.opentest4j.AssertionFailedError: expected: <[CAD, DKK, HKD, HUF, ISK, PHP, date, items, nestedkey, oldName, someArray, somekey, something, something2, ???]> but was: <[CAD, DKK, HKD, HUF, ISK, PHP, date, items, nestedkey, oldName, someArray, somekey, something, something2, ?]>
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertionUtils.fail(AssertionUtils.java:55)
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertionUtils.failNotEqual(AssertionUtils.java:62)
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertEquals.assertEquals(AssertEquals.java:182)
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertEquals.assertEquals(AssertEquals.java:177)
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.Assertions.assertEquals(Assertions.java:1141)
        at app//io.airbyte.protocol.models.CatalogHelpersTest.testGetFieldNames(CatalogHelpersTest.java:94)

build.txt (65.5 KB)

Attaching build log.

> Task :airbyte-protocol:protocol-models:test FAILED

CatalogHelpersTest > testGetFieldNames() FAILED
    org.opentest4j.AssertionFailedError: expected: <[CAD, DKK, HKD, HUF, ISK, PHP, date, items, nestedkey, oldName, someArray, somekey, something, something2, ???]> but was: <[CAD, DKK, HKD, HUF, ISK, PHP, date, items, nestedkey, oldName, someArray, somekey, something, something2, ?]>
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertionUtils.fail(AssertionUtils.java:55)
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertionUtils.failNotEqual(AssertionUtils.java:62)
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertEquals.assertEquals(AssertEquals.java:182)
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertEquals.assertEquals(AssertEquals.java:177)
        at app//org.junit.jupiter.api.Assertions.assertEquals(Assertions.java:1141)
        at app//io.airbyte.protocol.models.CatalogHelpersTest.testGetFieldNames(CatalogHelpersTest.java:94)

build.txt (65.5 KB)

[Discourse post]

Hey Also what is that you want to build? Is there any specific piece you want to build?

I am building a connector. But just wanted to let you know that the base image of airbyte fork is failing on a gradle build.

Gotcha. :+1 will do a check on that

Hey harshith were you able to replicate this issue.

Best way to replicate this is by just building SUB_BUILD=OCTAVIA_CLI ./gradlew clean build which builds :airbyte-protocol:protocol-models

Hey I tried and it works for me. To dig more deep could you check the index.html that is pointing to file:///Users/tsenapati/Desktop/airbyte/airbyte-protocol/protocol-models/build/reports/tests/test/index.html and see what is inside that