Developing new connector for GoHighLevel API as a source

Summary

Looking for leads and hints to develop a new connector for GoHighLevel API as a data source.

Question

Hi I am looking to develop new connector for https://help.gohighlevel.com/support/solutions/articles/48001060529-highlevel-api|GoHighLevel as a source. Any lead or hints would be greatly appreciated !!

This topic has been created from a Slack thread to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here. Click here if you want to access the original thread.

Join the conversation on Slack

["developing-new-connector", "gohighlevel-api", "connector-builder"]

Sure, I can guide you through the process of developing a new connector for GoHighLevel using Airbyte. Here are the steps you need to follow: 1. Generate the API key or credentials for GoHighLevel: You’ll need this to authenticate your requests when you build your connector. 2. Set up the project on your local machine: You’ll need a local development environment to build and test your connector. 3. Use the connector builder UI to define the connector YAML manifest and test the connector: The connector builder UI is a tool provided by Airbyte that helps you define and test your connector. You can access it from the Airbyte web app. 4. Specify stream schemas: This is where you define the structure of the data that your connector will be extracting from GoHighLevel. 5. Add the connector to the Airbyte platform: Once your connector is built and tested, you can add it to the Airbyte platform so it can be used to sync data. You can follow the Getting Started tutorial or the video tutorial for a step-by-step guide on how to build a connector using the low-code framework. When building your connector, remember to differentiate between the connector, the configured source based on a connector, and the connection. The connector defines how to access the API, the configured source configures the connector to extract records, and the connection links up a configured source and a configured destination to perform syncs. You can read more about this here. Also, keep in mind that API connectors are common and formulaic. They usually involve making requests to various endpoints, authenticating using a common auth strategy, handling pagination and rate limiting, describing the schema of the data, decoding the format of the data, and supporting incremental data exports. You can read more about this here. Once your connector is ready, you can add it to the Airbyte API/UI. If you are self-hosting Airbyte, you can use the Custom Connector feature. If you are using Airbyte Cloud, you can submit a PR to add your connector to the Airbyte repository. You can read more about this here. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kapa is right. As long as they provide a rest api, that should work fine.

It does have REST API and I already have developed cloud functions to extract data but my functions are not robust enough. So I am looking to use Airbyte and create new connector for GHL.

The easiest way is in the web UI, Connector Builder. Want a link to a walkthrough video?

Yes please that would be awesome

Try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yx-WknCNeQ