How to reach a Source deployed on GKE from Airbyte?

Hi,

We’ve Airbyte deployed on GCE, and some Source databases deployed on GKE, my question is what’s the best way to access to a Source hosted on GKE, when Airbyte is deployed on GCE, without exposing the Kubernetes service externally (GKE and GCE share the same VPC)?

The Source DBs are not reachable from GCE.

Maybe this: About the Cloud SQL Auth proxy  |  Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL  |  Google Cloud ?

In our environment our database is a hosted Cloud SQL instance. We deploy a container running the proxy then expose that as a service. We then point Airbyte to the service name and everything works fine. Not sure about the details of your environment but I hope this might be helpful

Hi RKdev,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I’am trying to reach some MongoDB instances as Source deployed on GKE from Airbyte deployed on GCE.

You must talk with your infra team to allow the access to your MongoDB in GKE. Probably adding a LB in front of it. You can check some guides here: https://cloud.google.com/kubernetes-engine/docs/concepts/ingress Unfortunately we can provide much more information because configuring the network/connection between it involves security measurements from your company.

Hi there from the Community Assistance team.
We’re letting you know about an issue we discovered with the back-end process we use to handle topics and responses on the forum. If you experienced a situation where you posted the last message in a topic that did not receive any further replies, please open a new topic to continue the discussion. In addition, if you’re having a problem and find a closed topic on the subject, go ahead and open a new topic on it and we’ll follow up with you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your willingness to work with us to provide a supportive community.